An easy guide to help keep your Robinson Garden product looking in it’s finest condition. We have included some useful advice and tips to help you to keep your bespoke garden product is superb condition all year round.
Reclaimed Welsh slate
All the slate we use is sourced from Wales which is said to be the best in the World and we couldn’t agree more. To ensure that the slate stays in good condition we would recommend that you apply slate / teak oil onto the slate at least once a year to lock in it’s quality and shine.
By applying the slate / teak Oil it allows the slate to breathe while actively repelling water and dirt enhancing its natural beauty.
Slate / teak oil can be purchased from all good hardware stores, garden centres or DIY shops.
All the paint that we use is from Farrow & Ball. We apply at least three coats on top of an undercoat to prevent rot. We would highly recommend that as an annual job to clean your product with lukewarm soapy water. Once dried apply Farrow & Ball paint and allow to dry.
When you are moving items please take care when handling your bespoke garden product. The slate and the Wood together can be very heavy so please take care when moving. Very heavy items including seated arbours, dovecotes and dog kennels need to be carried by at least two people.
Adverse weather conditions
In the winter months and equally the other three seasons there maybe adverse weather conditions. To prevent any damage it may be worth sheltering your product away from somewhere that may be very windy.
Alternatively if it isn’t already, fasten the product to the floor or put very heavy items underneath as a precaution during high winds.
An overview of the annual maintenance of your bespoke garden products:
• Keep the product clean and avoid leaving ‘mess’ on the product for long periods of time as it can damage the paint and cause discolour.
• For Dovecotes Ensure Each Separate Compartment Is Cleared Before The Next Nesting Season.
• Apply Farrow & Ball paint once a year after cleaning with lukewarm soapy water.
• Apply slate/teak oil to products with a slate roof to lock in it’s natural beauty.
• Protect from adverse weather conditions.
• Most of all enjoy your bespoke garden product